ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Need something brought back from the States to Costa Rica for you (a "mule"???) SOON???


Need some hard to find in Costa Rica or LOTS more expensive in Costa Rica item brought to you from the States SOON???

I'm currently in the Tampa, Florida area and I can bring some LEGAL things back for a few people (First come first served).



HOW IT WORKS:
First email me what you are bringing as well as the TOTAL WEIGHT (CRUCIAL to make sure I have space still for it).

WHEN YOUR ITEM MUST MUST MUST BE TO ME IN FLORIDA:
I am ONLY bringing things back FROM the U.S. TO Costa Rica that you SHIP TO MY address in Tampa, Florida (zip code 33604) to ARRIVE BY BY AT THE LATEST - FRIDAY June 20 (add a note "Ok to leave without signature")

YOU will track it and keep me informed.  If it does not make it by then, YOU will have to figure out other arrangements.


I WILL inspect EVERYTHING I receive CAREFULLY & they will NOT be in the original boxes (taking up space which costs LOTS of $$ on airlines these days).


WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN NOT SHIP TO COSTA RICA:



*VICKI - CAN YOU PICK UP SOME THINGS FOR ME?
IF I still have room left in the luggage, on Friday I MAY be able to go to a couple stores if YOU need something (I have NOTHING I need for myself so this will be a special trip/take my time & I'll be paying someone to take me around since I do not have a car here).
YOU need to provide me with the EXACT location of the store(S [best to give me a few options of different type of stores]) they're at within 2 miles of where I'll be.  Check either in the zip code range of 33760-Clearwater - or 33604-Tampa - AND THEIR PRICE - WITH the 7% tax.
Give me CLEAR DETAILS on the item - name, brand, color, size, etc.  If there is any wiggle room on something - be CLEAR (like "if they don't have ___ - I'll take ___").  IF for some reason they do not have the item in at a specific store I go to, are you willing to pay the extra $15 for me to go get it elsewhere?  Indicate that in your note (if you do not mention that, I'll assume the answer is no).
COST:  $15 per store for up to 4 items - ++PLUS ++ - the weight/size fee below.  Inquire.
PAYMENT:  ALL of this WILL be paid UP FRONT


PRICING:
I am using the pricing from GeeGee in Grecia who does this regularly (keep her info if you need it in the future and/or live near her -
GeeGeeMorgan88@yahoo.com - tell her Vicki Connected you).  I charge by weight and size: 
MINIMUM -  $15 for up to 4.5 pounds for your TOTAL items (I REMOVE ALL the filler paper•stuffing, brochures, etc. and will carefully pack it amongst my clothes and things.  If you do it through Amazon, Ebay, etc. they tell you the size and weight):

WEIGHT:

0 to 4-1/2 pounds  =  $15
4-1/2-10 pounds = $30
10-15 pounds  =  $40
15-20 lbs  =  $60

IF more pounds - the bigger the space - the more it costs!!


(NOTE:  Don't mean to sound like a bitch but I've actually had some people reaming me for the price being charged [which by the way seems to be an average price based on 3 people I know and others that take LOTS longer cost even more].  BIG PICTURE PEEPS!!!  This is not JUST to cover the price for the luggage [Spirit Air even charges $35-$100 for a carry on & for EACH checked luggage], but it includes my time to answer your questions [even though ALL your questions should be answered here if you read it carefully], my being home to receive your package, my packing and wrapping your things, my schleeping and tipping the porter for the extra suitcase [I have MY things in my carry on - I'm not shopping for myself], coordinate you coming to pick it up and getting you directions and the pick up/chatting is MY time.  If you don't see the value in it - that's cool and good luck getting your goodies back into Costa Rica!!!])

SIZE:
Package size - max•total - 8"x11" and 4" thick (like a stack of paper [somewhat workable with this]). IF Larger then there will be an extra fee according to size and weight.


NO FRAGILE ITEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


PAYMENT: 
This is the policy for ALL PEOPLE - INCLUDING "FRIENDS" (2 times in the past I got screwed over by "friends" I was trying to help bring things for and wasted a LOT of time.  NO LONGER!!!).
You pay the fee UP FRONT - PERIOD (a few people that had offered to help others shared that the person flaked out which screwed up their so NOT!  Because of my blog - I'm known enough in the community to not be some fly-by-night person to rip you off).

•  PayPal (you do NOT NOT NOT have to have a PayPal card to pay something via PayPal but I believe you DO have to have a zip code associated with your debit or credit card which can be a pain if it's a Costa Rican card as they usually do not work since most banks STILL haven't put our new zip codes into their system. If paying with Paypal - please send it as a "Gift" or add 3% for the fees they take out.

My PayPal address is - LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
•  You can do a Cash Advance ONLY with a MasterCard DEBIT Card (NOT NOT NOT a Visa and/or credit card.  This goes through my account at USAA.com so I'd give you my account info and you call them direct).
•  Banco Nacional (ONLY if you bank there or walk in to deposit it as I do not have a DIMEX card.  I prefer NOT to do that unless there is no other option)
•  POSSIBLY one of those Visa Gift Cards or an Amazon Gift Card (if I'm still needing something)


WHERE TO SHIP IT TO:
First you get the exact weight and size, when your package should arrive to me, and email me all that information and your phone number to:

LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
Once we talk, we'll figure out the cost and I'll give you the address in Tampa, Florida
(the zip code is 33604).

 
TAXES
IF there are any Aduana•Customs•Hacienda taxes to be paid - YOU pay for them (sometimes it happens).   This is where you can calculate that out (though I'm sure it's not exact since it IS Costa Rica so subject to change!!):

or


HOW DO I GET MY ITEM(S):
We'll connect once I return (it MAY be as early as June 22 - but it will 101% be BY June 25!!) and YOU will come to me in Escazu
near Calle Country Club to pick it up. 
AIRPORT:  I MAY be willing to meet someone AT the airport that day but because I've hired a driver, you will need to be there when I come out (or pay the drivers wait time rate if you're running behind)




Vicki Skinner
My U.S. #:  1-941-312-7569

Skype:  VallartaVicki 



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Please "Share" this with anyone else you know that might be able to use this
LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2014/06/ThingsBroughtBackFromUSJune14.html


No comments: