ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

ASIAN MARKETS in Costa Rica - Where to find Asian (Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Filipino+), Indian & Middle Eastern Ingredients & Food Products • Productos Oriental in Costa Rica


Finding Asian (Thai • Chinese • Japanese • Taiwanese • Filipino+), Indian and Middle Eastern Ingredients & Food Products • Productos Oriental - in Costa Rica is NOT easy to find!!  Added to they have been in HUGE scrutiny over the past few years from the government - mainly because most things don't have proper labeling in Spanish and/or dates have expired.  So at one time or the other, most have been closed down or items removed. 

Sadly, my FAVORITE Asian Market - Super Sony - sold and moved and the new owners are only going to be selling wholesale to restaurants.

So here's a list of some of the stores I've found so far.  Hope it helps & if you find others to add, PLEASE get me ALL the details you can and email me at:

ANCYFER PRODUCTOS ORIENTALES
Ancyfer.com  •  facebook.com/pages/Ancyfer/254639467897677  •  2-256-8106  •  2-223-3082  •  ChikFung@racsa.co.cr
great option for Asian products.  LOTS of sauces!!  Wholesale to other restaurants+.
Note their website looks like you might be able to order online and have it delivered to you with a $100 minimum
LOCATION
San Jose - Calle 11on Paseo de los Estudiantes and Avenida 10-12 - 100 meters East•Este y 50 meters South•Sur of Acueductos y Alcantarillados (I saw that it's 1 block South of Tin Jo)
(they have their own parking lot)


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



Kawo Mercado Oriental - aka SuperMercado Asia • Supera Asia
crjin.com/esp/t/t008.htmlKawoCR.com • 2-235-9891-customer service • 2-236-3103-office 2-236-0308 servicio@KawoCR.com  •  kawo@sol.racsa.cr
General Manager - Rodlolfo Koo Chang - RKoo@KawoCR.com  •  Sales - Michael Rojas Viquez - MRV@KawoCR.com

Dim Sum, Green Teas, all sorts of

SAUCES and OILS
Gallon bottles of Soy Sauce, Sesame Sauce, Fish Sauce, Kung Pao Sauce, Plum Sauce, Duck Sauce++
 my FAV Sweet and Spicy Chili Sauce

Many flavors and sizes of Rice including Jasmin Rice and Basmati Rice, Ramen Noodles (not just the standard one you find in general markets) and Udon Noodles, Miso, Shiitake Mushrooms, fresh Oriental Vegetables, a BUNCH of Frozen things, Oriental Liquors and LOTS MORE (check out their website for great pictures showing what all they have!!).
 

2 doors down from SuperMercado Asia is their mega chunchie store
SuperMercado
"Oriental"

Feng Shui tools

HOURS: 
Monday-Saturday 8:30am-8:30pm. Sunday - 8:30am-8pm
(I've also seen -
Monday thru Sunday, 9am - 6:30pm AND I've seen Daily 9am-8pm.  I'll verify)

DIRECTIONS:

 Tibas - 500 meters Sur•South of the iglesia•church
(map - crjin.com/esp/espmapa001.html)
Dolores did great bus directions at on SuperMercado Asia on her blog:
Other directions
Tibas exit from 32, follow road North, down in front of McDonalds to the dead end at the plaza, and take a left. and its 400 meters (1/2 mile) on the right side. and the gift shop is 2 more shops down on the right.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Distribuidora Hong Kong
Super Han
Súper El Puerto
SuperMercado Da Xing
SuperMercado Los Angeles - San Jose Centro
SuperMercado 88 - Barrio México


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


If you read about a SUPER SECRET Asian foods store (with no sign) in Rohrmoser • Pavas - note that one of my drivers went by there with a few clients a few months back and it was strange as they were VERY SECRETIVE and though they let them in to buy THIS time, they were saying they're really more for restaurants (though I found that odd as Abner brought me one of my FAV Sweet Chili sauces [but not my regular/fav brand at all!!]).


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

173 10/7/15

No comments: