ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

MAGIC BULLET • NINJA • AMAZING BULLET • VITAMIX • JUICERS • NUWAVE • FOOD DEHYDRATOR • CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN - Where to find Small Kitchen Appliances in Costa Rica

MAGIC BULLET

One of my FAVORITE kitchen "tools"•appliances is my MAGIC BULLET!!  I take it whereEVER I go when I travel around on my Visa Runs or Pet and House Sitting gigs!!  It brings me more ease as I can easily whip up a Smoothie or some sort of concoction (one of my FAVS is take Papaya, a Banana and a Haus Avocado put them in the Magic Bullet and I swear it can taste like Butterscotch Pudding and it's SOOOO GOOD for you.  Sounds nasty but it is SOOOOO DELISH!!)!!

I had the same Magic Bullet for 6 years and when it broke while living in Costa Rica, I was lost because I couldn't find a new one.

So what's a girl to do???  What I suggest to people looking for ANYTHING new or used is for YOU to go onto the various Message Boards, Forums, Facebook Pages•Groups popular with ExPats and YOU POST what YOU'RE SEEKING - don't just expect it to be there for you!!!

A few of the most popular ones are:
CostaRica.en.CraigsList.org/search/foa
(I'd specifically post it under Things for Sale - by Owner under - General for the most people to see it)


MINI-BLENDERS SIMILAR TO A MAGIC BULLET

NuWave Twister Blender
PriceSmart
16,000-c

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Years later you can sometimes find new ones but they are few and far between and not as cheap as in the states and it's one of those products that weighs a lot so it's not something you can easily ask someone to bring to you in their luggage.

As I find Magic Bullets (or a similar mini-blender like the AMAZING BULLET that tends to be cheaper but do the job of a Magic Bullet) • or the now popular NINJA blender or high powered JUICERS in Costa Rica, I'll share them here.

If you find any of these - especially if there are some good deals on them, Please email me the DETAILS (name of store, location•directions, price, item, date you saw it and any info you know if it's on sale, phone number, website, facebook page, email address) to:


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

NutriBullet


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


VITAMIX
PriceSmart
295,000-460,000

JopCo

TIPS


I have a friend selling a used VitaMix in Costa Rica
VitaMix Super 5000
Great reliable machine we have used for making soups, humus, almond milk, almond butter, banana ice cream, green/vegetable juice (with a banadana as a strainer) etc.

Only issue is the variable speed dial is a little jumpy in the lower range, but that's typical with this model and it's easily fixed yourself with a $6 part following (hence the incredibly cheap price).

Selling because we're moving June 22nd. Because we use it a lot, it is available for pickup until just before we leave.
(so how it would work is whomever is wanting it would put 50% down [U.S.$] BUT you can NOT pick it up until as late as possible the week of June 15-21)

$175
EMAIL ME IMMEDIATELY at
GarageSalesInCostaRica@gmail.com

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


JUICER EXTRACTORS • JUICERS

PriceSmart
38,000-62,000-C


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

NUWAVE

PriceSmart
110,000


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


FOOD DEHYDRATOR
PriceSmart
43,000-65,000


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN

PriceSmart
72,000-93,000


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


SITES LISTING ALL THEY HAVE:

PriceSmart:
shop.pricesmart.com/cr/en/category/10000/10017/small-kitchen-appliances#page=1



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2014/12/MagicBulletNinjaJuicersInCR.html
.

No comments: