ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Do YOU have a 3G SmartPhone Cell Phone you're no longer using?


Anyone have a 3G cell phone you're no longer using (WELL FUNCTIONING) that you would like to donate to "the cause" (me/Vicki Skinner/the Sarong Goddess [no extra cash for this right now so I can only accept donations!]) - OR - TRADE* for an Info Ad here (details on the Trade at the bottom)???


Because ICE is still able to hold us that NEED our cell number hostage I MUST stay with them.  Challenge is, wherever I seem to move to/go - the cellular connection SUCKS and I have a iPhone (all-be-it the OLD 3 (NOT 3S or anything else - JUST 3 - which could also be part of the challenge!!).

So since I'm hearing that especially South of Escazu Centro park, MoviStar reigns SUPERIOR with connection, I'm thinking, the wisest/most logical thing for me to do - especially since I'm traveling around Costa Rica doing Pet Sitting, House Sitting and Hotel Sitting and finding more info for my various blogs/pages/photo sites (though I'm heavily still in Escazu (which makes ME HAPPY as it's MY FAV area so far!!) is to get a 2nd phone and a MoviStar Pre-Paid card to use as backup!


Because of this situation ICE has put us into, I've HAD to give up 2 places I was living because my cell connection (and Kolbi WiFi Datacard) were SOOOOOO HORRIBLE and BOTH were in Escazu - THE NICEST and most affluent areas in Costa Rica!!  You'd think we'd get the BEST service - but NOOOOO!!!  I had not one but FOUR ICE employees tell me that ICE has all but abandoned the area basically just south of Centro Escazu/the park and MoviStar is WAYYYYYY SUPERIOR in these areas (especially up in San Antonio de Escazu)!!  2 employees that live in San Antonio HAD to switch to MoviStar because of this!!!!  Last week I was out and about around/in San Isidro de General (about 3 hours South of San Jose) and cell sucked!  And now I'm Pet Sitting WAYYYY up in the mountains of Escazu - on the opposite side  - where the nearest neighbor is about 200 meters away - near my FAVORITE restaurant La Monastere - SUCKS here also!!!  Hence why I think the extra cell with a MoviStar Pre-Paid card for backup is wise!!!)


*OR TRADE YOUR OLD WELL WORKING 3G CELL FOR AN INFORMATION AD HERE!!!???!!!
You'd get up to 350 words and 1 picture on this blog for up to 4 months!!!  A $50 value!!  
(or if it's a NICER phone like with Internet Connection or Camera, etc. - we can extend the ad for a longer period of time, and/or add more pictures or words!!! [fyi - this blog is getting OVER 16,000 views a MONTH and is OFTEN one of the first 10 links that comes up on many Google searches - try - appliances buy costa rica)


E- me at  LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com  -  or  - attempt to call me at 8-378-6679 (if I don't answer, send me a text

No comments: