ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Friday, May 25, 2012

PEDICURES & MANICURES & DAY SPA type services - Costa Rica

I'm creating this list of some of the people I've found that I (or others) have experienced a good job with for
PEDICURES & MANICURES
around Costa Rica
(with an emphasis on Escazu since that's where I live the most)


I got a REALLY NICE DETAILED PEDICURE at KATHIANA's home. 

She works from her home mornings till around noon (& then she also works at Panterd Market up in San Antonio de Escazu sometimes).


I had her working HARD for her $$$ with me as it had been AGES since I got a pedicure and I've been tough on these feet!!   She did a GREAT JOB!!

If you go to her at her home it's just 6,000 (but I gave her 7,000-colones ($14) because she has to work harder and it took LOTS longer). 


HOUSECALLS & PARTIES AVAILABLE -  Kathiana can also come to your home or event (GREAT for when you just want it in the comfort of your own home [that's how I like it] - or for PARTIES - like organizing your friends for a Pampering Party, Bachelorette Party, Birthday Party, Wedding Preparation, Baby Shower+!!).  Of course the price will be higher since you're paying for your convenience.  You would pay her taxi both ways or come get her plus a bit more for the extra time it takes her prep time - to pack her stuff up to bring it to you, time to get there & back, etc. (typical).

She's REALLY SWEET!! 
(Remember - this is in her home & her sweet young son will probably be there so there can be some distraction in case you might have issues with that)

NAIL CARE:
Pedicure = 6,000-c
Manicure  =  4,000-c
Fake Nails  =  13,000-c - Organica.  Acrylic 13,000-c.  Geletin - 7,000-c.  Cold - 5,000-c. 
                       Fantasias - 4,000-c HAIR:CUT = Men - prices start at 2,000-c (with shaver).  Females - prices start at 3,000-c.
COLOR = prices start at 10,000-c - basic.  
Blow Dry and Iron = prices start at 6,000-c

Eye Brow Shaping = prices start at 3,000-c
Make Up = prices start at 5,000-c+
Waxing = Hot - prices start at 6,000-c+.  Foam = prices start at 4,000-c+

LANGUAGE:   SPANISH ONLY - BUT - her husband Giovanni speaks English so he can translate for making the appointment & directions & telling her what you want (though he's not there often so it would have to be over the phone).

LOCATION:  ESCAZU (in the mountains of San Antonio)She also sometimes works out of a salon near the plaza by the church - Sala de Belleza Marcella (I believe it's more there plus she of course would earn less).


CONTACT:
KATHIANA  -  8-840-6185
(if you only speak English - to make the appointment, call her husband Giovanni who speaks English - 8-832-4449 / GioSeg100@hotmail.com)
(Tell them that Vicki - the grande gringa with short red hair - Connected you!)

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Do YOU have someone to add to this list that you found FABULOUS (ESPECIALLY English-speaking &/or that do NOT charge Gringo Prices)?

I'm happy to add them to the list.
Inquire for pricing to be on this list that when you google - pedicures costa rica - OR - manicures costa rica - comes up towards the top of google searches.

Contact me (Vicki Skinner) for Details & Pricing:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

PLEASE "SHARE" this information with EVERYONE you know that could use this delicious information (ESPECIALLY on your Facebook!!)




No comments: