ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Thursday, June 21, 2012

AMNESTY for NON-Residents STARTED in Costa Rica!!! Steps 1-4

 Immigration • Migracion has Begun Steps 1-4 towards an 
AMNESTY (for SOME) in Costa Rica!!!

The start of what I've been "predicting" would be the way I HOPEFULLY will get my residency (since I don't fall into any category TO get residency.  I'm not anywhere near retirement age or living off of disability, I didn't stay in a dreary job for 20+ years just to get a pension, and IF I had $120,000 I SURE would NOT put it in U.S. $s into a bank [not with the pending "predictions" out there!!  No way am I going to have a baby at age 55 and at this point - marriage still doesn't appeal to me [but I'm open - but it WILL HAVE to be the REAL deal!!!]) - has begun the procedure towards creating an AMNESTY!!!

For NOW, they are opening up for the following people to obtain legal residency in special circumstances:

#1  (started May 16)  -  Persons who HAD LEGAL TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN THE PAST (since 2003) but have allowed their residency to expire. 

This would not include people who have committed criminal offenses in the last 10 years, one who has made a request for waiver of residence or who have stayed abroad for a term exceeding 1 year. 
To change your status, should do the normal residency processing includes canceling an amount of about $98-$123, plus $3 per month of expired documents (for each month it's expired??  This last part I don't full get). 

They estimate this to be about 65,000 people within the next 6 months.

#2  -  PARENTS or MOTHERS OF CITIZENS AND CHILDREN WITH RESIDENCY OR DISABLED PEOPLE that have actual or disabled people who have actual custody of their children. 
This exempts parents to leave and reenter the country to do so legally as a requirement, so they can do so from the country.

#3   -  CHILDREN and the ELDERLY  -  regularize the elderly, children with a legal representative, elderly person or disabled adult who entered the country but less than 18 years and has not yet turned 25. Your requirement is to have roots in the country of at least 5 years.

#4  -  DOMESTIC and AGRICULTURAL WORKERS - Must have current employment for at least 6 months prior to May 17.  This is very important because as of February 17, 2013 - employers who have employees on its payroll with that aren't legal will start acrewing fines  (starts in September).

The above is what I deciphered from the article at - http://CRHoy.com/migracion-abre-puertas-a-regularizar-estatus-de-extranjeros-en-costa-rica

I looked around a little bit in Immigrations website - http://Migracion.go.cr - but I didn't find the actual details/facts (my Spanish is a bit limited).  Can anyone help with this - check it out to find the part of the site with the new rules/law??


Anyone else out there that REALLY understands Español wanna help???!!!
http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2012/06/amnesty-in-costa-rica-steps-1-4.html

No comments: