ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Friday, February 22, 2013

Vicki's Costa Rica Information & Photo Sites • PET & HOUSE SITTING Services • Tourism & FACEBOOK MARKETING • SAN JUAN DEL SUR, Nicaragua Information & Assistance+++ - February 2013

Below is what I'm (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") up to with ALL my Gathering/Sharing Info and helping to Connect people!!!

Here are links to my/this Costa Rica Information Blog
LOTS of other Costa Rica related Info and Photo Sites

my PET and HOUSE SITTING Services

TOURISM and FACEBOOK MARKETING
PLUS some EXCITING NEW THINGS HAPPENING!!
(specifically around Visa Run Assistance and Information on
SAN JUAN DEL SUR, NICARAGUA
and LOTS more!!!


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

COMING SOON!!!!!
VISA RUN ASSISTANCE, Information+ to
SAN JUAN DEL SUR, NICARAGUA!!!

I’ve been doing Visa Runs to San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua (the first seaside village just over the Costa Rica-Nicaragua border - and Isla Ometepe) for over 4 years now -
and I JUST returned from spending 6 weeks checking out the potential of living in
San Juan del Sur part-time (spending part time in Costa Rica and part time in Nicaragua!! - hey - por que no - I CAN!!  I went just on a 1-2 day Visa Run and figured I had a break in between House/Pet Sitting gigs and I REALLY NEEDED a water fix [as of now I have NO plans to move from Costa Rica full time before the gossip wires start buzzing!!])
and I’m gathering LOTS of information to update my San Juan del Sur Information/Photo Sites

facebook.com/SanJuanDelSurNI
SanJuanDelSurNI.com
 plus to check it out as a potential place for OTHERS to move to since I’m hearing MANY people leaving Costa Rica and seeking new places and some have asked me to learn more for them since Nicaragua is SOOOOO MUCH CHEAPER than Costa Rica
(#1 reason I’m hearing for people leaving
Costa Rica [as well as literally 98% of why MOST travelers I’m meeting on this trip are NOT choosing to come to Costa Rica or reporting on their pass through Costa Rica - BY FAR is how EXPENSIVE Costa Rica has gotten in the past couple years - and #2 Safety [safety is an issue everywhere – the difference with Costa Rica is most are reporting that RARELY are the people being caught] and some have asked me to check out what the Nicaragua scene is about]).

I’ve developed some contacts for people that will start leading
Visa Run Tours to San Juan del Sur – Isla Ometepe and Granada,
plus someone considering starting
Exploratory Tours for Moving to Nicaragua
Transportation and Assistance at the Border 
and others that are offering other services.



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


THE BLOG

gets OVER 30,000+ Page Views a Month and is OFTEN at the top of MANY Google Searches!  MANY posts I put up even come up on the first 1-2 pages within immediately or up to 15 minutes after posting!!!! 

I'm now
accepting 
Information Ads
(DETAILED descriptions [up to 250 words + 1 picture or logo])
for JUST a
DONATION 
+ 10% on any business it generates!!

Some of my more popular specialized blurbs:

-  DISCOUNTS, OFERTAS, DESCUENTO – including an AMAZING TOURIST DISCOUNT CARD you can purchase that gives you 20% off Car Rentals and 15% off some of Costa Rica's MOST Popular Tours!!
-  MEAL SPECIALS - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner SPECIALS (separate posts)
-  MATTRESSES and BEDDING in Costa Rica – 100% Cotton Mattresses and other Natural Bedding Supplies, Memory Foam Mattresses, High Quality Linens++
-  Semi-Permanent Eyeliner MicroPigmentation•“tattoos” for JUST $100!!  Eyelash Extensions, Semi-Permanent “Makeup” – Eyebrows and Lips!
-  DENTIST in Costa Rica (ESPECIALLY for Dental Implants, Crowns and Root Canals and HOLISTIC dentistry), MEDICAL and HOLISTIC PRACTITIONERS.  I’ve researched Medical Tourism for OVER 5 years
-  EVENT Announcements (heavy on ExPat groups and Self Empowerment, Holistic, Spiritual, Woo-Woo Communities and in English and some in Espanol)
-  GREAT English-speaking HAIR STYLIST
-  Things and FOR SALE and Rent
-  A WONDERFUL Service-oriented Bed and Breakfast in Escazu (that even speaks French)
-  HEALTHY, Organic, Natural PRODUCTS http://NaturalProductsCostaRica.com
-  Find CHEAP AIRLINE TICKETS
-  TELL ME WHY??  What keeps you in Costa Rica?  Why’d you leave/are you thinking of leaving?  Why you want to move here?  What you/don’t you like about life in Costa Rica?  Why WERE you thinking of moving to Costa Rica and changed your mind?
-  MASSAGE THERAPISTS in Costa Rica
-  ENGLISH-Speaking Taxi Drivers
-  AA and Recovery Options in Costa Rica
-  List of various Costa Rica MESSAGE BOARDS
-  EARTHQUAKE Site for Costa Rica, Hints, Tips on how to Be Prepared+
-  Airport Parking, Getting to the Airport, Airline Phone #s++ (including how to get a 4 FREE rides to the airport!)
-  Owning/Driving a CAR vs taking TAXIS•BUSES
-  Bio-Identicals and Hormone Replacement Therapy
-  Where to Watch U.S. TV Stations in Costa Rica and Costa Rica Radio Stations
-  Service Workers like for Appliance Repair, Electrical Repair++
-  Why I LOVE Living in Escazu, LOTS of pictures and other resources on Escazu++
-  The VIP and iMax Movie Theatre
-  Where to get a TOTALLY FREE/NO credit cards CREDIT REPORT
and LOTS MORE!!


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

TOURISM and
FACEBOOK
MARKETING


One thing I'm GREAT at is Marketing•Promotions•Getting the word out having been doing it for OVER 20 years (I have even won awards for it!!)!!! 
And now I'm also doing my FAV - Facebook Marketing!! 
I create a VERY UNIQUE and MUCH more DETAILED approach to it than I've EVER seen!! 

I'm also available to assist you in starting or updating your Vacation Rental Property or Hotel
(I did that with a Puerto Vallarta related business for over 12 years!  Helped over 100 properties get up and running and with promotions!!)

What's going to make YOU stand out amongst the THOUSANDS of Costa Rica Hotels, Villa and Condo choices people have?  Especially since tourism is slowing down!!!
(note, I do NOT help people with rentals/finding clients specifically!  I get you set up with MANY different options to promote your property and it's up to you to work it!!)



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

LOVING YOUR PET and HOUSE SITTING SERVICES


For those that feel their pet is part of their family and want them to receive LOTS of love and attention, 2-10 massages daily, even let them sleep in her bed and have them all bathed and pretty the day of your return!   Have someone stay in your home that you can TRUST!!   If you want someone’s who’s almost always there, won’t destroy your place or steal things or snoop, is not a druggie/smoker or drinker and who will watch your home that’s not just looking for a landing/base place for their travels around
Costa Rica – and ESPECIALLY – take LOVING CARE of your pets - you’ll call me!



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



YOUR COSTA RICA CONNECTOR


I can Connect you with ALL SORTS of people to assist you – ESPECIALLY in Escazu, people considering moving to
Costa Rica, Newbies, Custom Travel Planning, Shopping+++



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
LOTS of links to pictures and other info on ESCAZU


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


For people in Costa Rica into more Self Empowerment/Sustainable Living, Spiritual (NON-religious) - Consciousness


@@@@@@@@

Post your POSITIVE stories, experiences, finds about life in Costa Rica!



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



DESTINATION INFO:
Hints on how to do the Costa Rica – Nicaragua Border Crossing

 (where I'm currently spending 5 weeks gathering and updating my information)





@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

NOT COSTA RICA RELATED
 
Ready to leave Costa Rica but not sure where to next??  Consider THIS SPECIAL area!


Had someone pass away?  Songs, quotes, poems that might help.




@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



Vicki Skinner
(aka “THE Sarong Goddess”)
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
1-941-312-7569-US#    Skype – VallartaVicki



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 PLEASE "SHARE" this link with EVERYONE you know seeking information on Costa Rica!

No comments: