Becoming a citizen of Costa Rica has few requirements and is relatively easy for foreigners that have married Costa Rican citizens and lived in the country for two years. It’s much easier than becoming a legal resident. The cost of applying is less than 40 cents for required legal stamps.
Benefits of becoming a citizen, compared to a mere legal resident are also substantial.
- Absolute and unrestricted constitutional right to live and work in Costa Rica
- Citizenship once obtained is irrevocable for any reason
- Right to vote and join political parties after a waiting period
- Free renewal of cedula with 10 year expiration date
- Right to receive and carry a Costa Rican passport
- Can not be legally obligated to leave national territory for any reason
For the rest of this article go to:
PLEASE "SHARE" this link with EVERYONE you know that might enjoy this information: