ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Friday, August 24, 2012

Some VERY Common Mistakes MANY people make about Costa Rica

Here are a few VERY Common Mistakes MANY people make about Costa Rica (MYSELF included!!).  Unfortunately some can be rather costly.


On the Caribbean side we have Puerto ViejO -
it is NOT Puerto VALLARTA (Mexico)
(ok - so this one is more me since I had a biz in Vallarta for 12 years!!)



It's Calle ViejA
(the main/"old road" between San Jose, Escazu and Piedades de Santa Ana)
NOT Calle ViejO



It is COSTA RicA . . .  NOT . . . PUERTO RicO
(and it's Puerto RicO that is an island)


The capital and main airport the majority of tourists fly into is
San Jose, COSTA RICA (airport code - SJO)
NOT . . .
San Jose, CALIFORNIA (airport code - SJC)
(you make the 2 mistakes above and that will cost you a small fortune to rectify it as it WILL be YOUR mistake so you'll need to buy another airline ticket.  In my life I have actually known a handful of people that didn't even realized it and ended up in San Jose, California!!)


And I think one of the MOST COMMON points of confusion when thinking of Costa Rica is . . . though Costa Rica DOES have the majority of the country surrounded by water and has 2 bays of water on either side (the Pacific and the Atlantic) and Lake Nicaragua at the top -
Costa Rica is
NOT an "ISLAND"!!!

(I TOTALLY thought this MYSELF for AGES BEFORE I moved here - heck - even until JUST before I moved here [I knew NADA about Costa Rica other than it was green and an "Island"!!  What can I say - I'm a geographically illiterate American!!])


Do YOU have any others???



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


(Did this help you out in some way - PLEASE consider making a "Donation" - of ANY size - to help keep it alive and growing!!)


Know anyone thinking of visiting or moving to Costa Rica?  You might want to share this with them!
LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2012/08/common-mistakes-about-costa-rica.html
.


No comments: