Samadhi Center is a unique project situated on 8 acres of pristine woodland just outside Alajuela five minutes from the airport and town. It is an oasis of quiet nature in the midst of the urban hustle and bustle. The owner recently inherited the property and is in the process of converting the property into an organic farm and Conscious Living Center which will play host to an array of workshops, presentations and seminars.
The main house is a 6 bedroom, old Spanish style home where all rooms face a beautiful interior garden. This home has already hosted various guests entering or leaving the country via the international airport who were interested in the center.
Samadhi is the perfect venue for said practitioners living outside the Central Valley wishing to augment their clientele list.
The smaller three bedroom Bodhi house on the property is presently in the process of total reconstruction and will be home to the farm manager and farm volunteers.
The property has a three acre fruit orchard with a large variety of trees, some exotic species, two springs, walking trails, and an area designated for a 4 x 15 meter greenhouse next to several farming plots. The organic produce is designated to be marketed at two markets. On Friday the Alajuela farmer’s market presently offers no organic produce. This booth will include educational materials in Spanish on sustainable living practices, organics and health related information helping in raising consciousness within the Costa Rican community.
On Saturdays a booth at the Aranjuez Organic Market in San Jose will feature organic produce and information about the Samadhi’s activities as well creating a network of information available about other centers and what they offer.
Requirements for the farm manager position are:
2. Experience in organic farming/sustainable living practices
3. Bilingual (a must)
4. Ability to manage Costa Rican workers as well as foreign volunteers
5. Non-smoker, doesn’t drink or do drugs
6. Calm and flexible personality
7. Willing to work with the owner to further develop the organic farming and sustainable living educational programs to be taught at the center
8. Willing to become an integral part in the formation of this project.
1. Manage Costa Rican farm workers and coordinate volunteers
2. Daily maintenance and operation of the farm
3. Coordination of produce to market Fridays & Saturdays. (This aspect of the job will probably begin towards end of year)
4. Help with the design and construction of the farm infrastructure.(vivero, farming the land, water catchment systems, etc)
2. Living in a rural setting yet close to Alajuela center and 25 minutes from San Jose. .
3. Salary (negotiable)
4. Becoming an integral part of a unique conscious/sustainable living project from its initial stages.
5. Freedom to exercise your creativity to its maximum