ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Costa Rica Declares State of Emergency As Polar Vortex Sends Temperatures Below 75 Degrees Fahrenheit!!!!

 
Most weren’t as brave as Marcela Gomez, pictured here, and stayed out of the water.

OMGoddess - the weather outside is SOOO FREEZING here in Costa Rica!!


Costa Rica Declares State of Emergency As Polar Vortex Sends Temperatures Below 75 Degrees Fahrenheit

I'm laying here working from bed - all bundled up under a down comforter and last night I had to put another one on me and it's FREEZING - well, to me at least, because of these FREEZING COLD winds (what can I say - I'm such a wimp!!)

WEATHER REPORT FOR ESCAZU
January 12, 2014

(NOTE that where I'm House Sitting at this moment is in the Central Valley of Costa Rica, WAYYYYY UP in the mountains above Escazu at about 5,000 feet so it's probably 5-10º COLDER than the above report!  I'm about an hour from the nearest beach which it's MUCH hotter).  The weather in Escazu is normally THE MOST PERFECT for MY body - pretty much in the 70's year-round!!!  We can fast become SOOOOO SPOILED living life in Costa Rica (I KNOW - I KNOW - "SHUT UP Vicki!!")



State of Emergency Declared as Ocean Water Temperatures PLUMMET to lukewarm


PLAYA HERMOSA – President Laura Chinchilla declared a State of Emergency yesterday as the polar vortex that froze most of North America blew in to Costa Rica and sent thermometers plunging to a record low 73°F (23 °C).

Chinchilla urged Costa Ricans to take precautions as the Nordic front pushed south, encouraging citizens to wear covered-toe sandals and heavier tank-tops or even short-sleeved shirts. She also suggested that women wear adult-sized skirts, and for men to use less hair gel in case of a deep freeze.


Read more on this CRISIS we're having in Costa Rica at:


(in case you don't get it - this is a JOKE!!  We're such WIMPS in Costa Rica!!!)


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



No comments: