ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Thursday, December 5, 2013

IS Disney looking to do build a new theme park or hotel in Costa Rica . . . or NOT?????


Is it rumor - or MAYBE some truth to it???  (OR - might it be a way a smart way to get LOTS of free media play to draw attention to a large piece of land for sale???????? [which would be brilliant!!!])

So the rumor mills in the Costa Rica media have been all abuzz this week after:
"On a Wednesday morning TV talk show in Costa Rica, "Buen Día," Liberia Mayor Luis Gerardo Castañeda announced that the Disney Corporation has purchased land in Costa Rica on which they intend to build a theme park.  . . .


Click here for more details on what the Tico Times reported:

Actually, this is more detailed on where this "alleged hoax" might have been coming from (though that makes me REALLY question if what was behind it was what I asked above!!):

Click here to see what some of the Costa Rican media was reporting:


I wonder, is this the same site Sun Ranch Limitada had said they were going to build some sort of amusement park in 2012?  (what year is it - practically 2014???  So what's up with THAT project???  What's prevented it from coming to fruition?)


I'm surprised this story was "leaked" in the first place withOUT getting some sort of confirmation from Disney since it was POTENTIALLY a REALLY BIG STORY!!!
I guess only time will tell as it wouldn't be the first time someone leaked a story before the company was ready to release it to THEIR people first or something.  WHO KNOWS . . . MAYBE???!!!!!  Costa Rica can only hope as it would bring LOTS of jobs and spending of LOTS of $$$ to build it which could help the economy a bit!!!


.

No comments: