ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Monday, December 2, 2013

Why does the U.S. give $$ to so many other countries instead of helping their own people first?? There IS a reason . . . !!!!

MANY American's kvetch about the U.S. giving money to countries outside themselves - but trust me, I doubt anything is given purely alturistically!!!   With "gifts" comes either at that time, or at such time the "condition" is needed - time to call in that marker.

The U.S. may give a "loan" to one country say, $7 million - but say (of course not in writing or it's not shared in the media) "BUT - you HAVE to take these horrific/dangerous pesticides that Europe has refused" and then they may a few years later say after they got something else from it - "Oh, we absolve you of that loan."

Or, in the case of what's happening BIG TIME lately they may be able to get countries that normally value people's anonymity/privacy to open up their books and report every penny American citizens have - in the name of to protect from terrorists or drug dealers or money launders/hidders - especially since ALL American's MUST still pay taxes even when they don't live in the U.S. and even if they choose to renounce their citizenship - for up to 10 years.


Anti-Obama haters, don't blame it on him (which soooo MANY LOVE to do), this transparency stuff started LONG before Obama took office!!!  Most places you change Dollars into Colones at have REQUIRED you to have your ORIGINAL passport (which especially now, most "scan") to make a transaction for a LONG TIME - at LEAST 7 years that I recall!!  Heck, even if I was turning $10 into colones at ServiMas (one of MY FAV places to change $ because there are rarely lines!!) I had to usually bring my passport - well, till I got to know the people working there and then they'd let me do it with my copy of my passport but they still would enter my passport number.


Here's a BIG example from which I speak of:

The United States has signed agreements with the Cayman Islands and Costa Rica to counter offshore tax evasion, the US Treasury Department announced Friday.

Under the agreement with the Cayman Islands, the Caymans must report tax information on US account holders to Cayman authorities, who will in turn relay the information to the US Internal Revenue Service.

The agreement with Costa Rica is a reciprocal agreement, which means that in addition to receiving information on US account holders in Costa Rica, the US will also be required to provide tax information to the Costa Rican government regarding Costa Ricans with accounts in the United States.

“Today’s announcement marks a milestone in the effort to promote global tax transparency,” said Robert Stack, Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Tax Affairs.


For more on this story go to:    InsideCostaRica.com/2013/12/02/costa-rica-provide-financial-info-us-account-holders-agreement-tax-evasion




No comments: