ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Monday, September 16, 2013

Dairy Queen (aka DQ) Ice Cream comes to Costa Rica in 2013 & 2014 (MORE Americana Tastes•Fast Foods!!)


Another slice of Americana comes to Costa Rica (AGAIN [RUMOR has it that they were in Costa Rica back in the 1970 and 1980 in Downtown San Jose)!  Dairy Queen (aka DQ) will be opening a BUNCH of small ice cream parlors and/or their Americana Fast Food Restaurants in Costa Rica in 2013 and 2014.

They are SUPPOSED to open their first of 4 stores next Wednesday - in MultiPlaza Escazu (I say "supposed" as they were originally "supposed" to open in July - ahhh - doing business in Escazu!!])

The 2nd store will open in Downtown San Jose on Avenida Central "AROUND" the end of September 2013.

Reports have it that the Escazu and Downtown San Jose stores will ONLY sell their tasty Americana ice creams.

2 more stores will open in November - in San Pedro and at the Paseo de las Flores Mall in Heredia.

And they plan on opening more stores in 2014 in Alajuela, Cartago, Curridabat, Desamparados, Heredia and Tibas.


Dairy Queen partners -  John Fremont "Grandpa" McCullough and his son Bradley created the FIRST Soft Serve Ice Cream in 1938 and later opened their first Dairy Queen with Sheb Noblewere in 1940 in Joliet, Illinois.

I THINK they originated the concept of the Blizzard -  a thick soft-serve in a cup with sundae toppings and/or pieces of famous CANDY like MY FAV - Butterfingers, Oreo, M & M's and Snickers, cookies, or brownies mixed in with a special "blender" (I LOVE these as I like ice creams with CHUNKS of things in them - something HIGHLY LACKING in Costa Rica!!!)!!!

They also carry MY FAV - FAV - FAV - MALTS (with EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA Malted!!!!  [like those Malted Milk Balls you see around Easter!!!  Actually, AutoMercado sells the Malted Powder!!  Can we say "Give me a SPOON!!!").


I'm going to dig deeper to see if they're going to bring MANY of their GREAT flavors to Costa Rica - I'm ESPECIALLY hoping they bring MY #1 FAV:
Candy Cane Chill with Peppermint & chunks of Chocolate in December - in time for Christmas!!!


my #2 FAV - Choco Cherry Love in February for Valentine's Day!!! 

I also love my DQ Ice Cream in their Waffles Bowls and Cones!! 

MANY LOVE their Orange Julius Treat Smoothies. 

I wonder if they're going to sell their Ice Cream Cakes also???)


I'm digging for more details but in the meantime -
for more info on the opening of the Costa Rica Dairy Queens and the history of Dairy Queen - check out:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dairy_Queen

QCostaRica.com/edition/dairy-queen-coming-to-costa-rica-proximamente

TicoTimes.net/More-news/News-Briefs/Dairy-Queen-invests-1-million-to-open-four-stores-in-Costa-Rica_Friday-September-13-2013


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2013/09/DairyQueenCR.html

.

No comments: