ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Friday, April 5, 2013

BUS PASSES - FREE Bus RIDES & Bus Passes for Seniors!!!

In Costa Rica, those 65+ years old with a Cedula AND a Ciudadano de Oro card (the Golden Citizens discount card) need only show these two cards to the bus driver to get a FREE ride on a bus within 25 km (15.5 miles) and if you're traveling between 26km-49km you'll receive 50% off or 25% off trips over 50 km.  With that said, I don't have clarity on how they know where you live.
With the above said, I know at least at one point in Escazu they were giving out a
FREE BUS PASS TO SENIORS
Of which I helped a friend get one (fyi - it was someone that did NOT have a cedula) - BUT - I called in March 2015 and they said they currently did not have that program.  BUT, I'm going to give you the process here - for if/when they Each bus company probably has their own requirements and system for obtaining FREE BUS PASSES for SENIOR and I'm pretty positive the age requirement is 65+.


WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
When I went with a friend to get hers that was good for the Escazu and Santa Ana buses, she needed her:
•     Cedula OR PASSPORT (she does NOT have residency but this company DID give it to her.  I know some people that have gone to other companies and they ONLY gave it to people that were residents [this would be a GREAT REALLY HELPFUL project for someone - NOT ME - to take on to make a list of them!!  Let me know if you do it and I'll gladly Share it here for you!!!])
and some sort of 

•     Utility Bill (it did NOT have to have her name on it.  
•     And I want to say she took her lease as well but don't quote me on it.

The pass is ONLY GOOD for buses within that companies route - NOT good for connection rides that are not within the same company.  So if you're going from Ciudad Colon - stopping off to go shopping in Escazu, then on to San Jose and back - you would have to have one for the Escazu bus company and one for the bus company in Ciudad Colon.

I've been told they are NOT good for the longer-trip buses and they are NOT good on the International buses. (does anyone know the FACTS on that???)

Just a call to Consciousness/something to think about - if money is not tight with you and you REALLY do not "NEED" this service, I welcome you to re-consider getting this (or don't bitch when someone else screws you over).



LIST OF BUS SCHEDULES AND COMPANIES AROUND COSTA RICA
(more on the outskirts than Central Valley.  This has many of the bus company info for the buses further out so check to see if they can work for you)
LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2011/02/bus-schedules-costa-rica.html


INFO on BUSES IN•AROUND ESCAZU:

LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2013/02/bus-schedules-map-escazu-santa-ana.html

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Was this list helpful to you?  Did it bring you more ease?  Did it help your business?
PLEASE consider making a
DONATION 
to help keep this site/me alive since Donations are my only source of income these days.  ANY amount of appreciation you'd like to show is welcome!
See the top right corner of this blog for how to do that.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



Please "SHARE" this link with all seniors you know could benefit from the information:
LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2013/04/FreeSeniorBusPass.html
.

No comments: