ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

APPLIANCE REPAIRS & PARTS - Fix-It Guys/Shops for the repair of things like Refrigerators / Fridges, Washes & Dryers, Ice Makers, Dishwashers in Costa Rica

VIC’s PICKS

MELVIN Valverde  
Melvin is AWESOME, speaks quite good English (best when you're face-to-face and you aren't rambling like I tend to do!!), is VERY FAIR with his prices AND - he GUARANTEES HIS WORK for up to 6 MONTHS (how many others do that [and honor it!!!])!!!!

COMMENTS:  Melvin was VERY resourceful in helping me "Tico-ize" things with my "fiscally challenged" times (ie; get me a temporary fix on some OLD appliances - to get it working - for NOW).  One funny one was on this OLD purple fridge I had where the seal wasn’t sealing properly around the door so he put VASELINE around it and it SERIOUSLY worked as long as I had it for over a year!!!).  He's also done a REALLY GOOD job when I DID have $$ to fix things properly.  ALL of the people I know that have used him have RAVED also!!
ENGLISH:  I found him to speak quite good English (though he doesn't admit to it)!
LOCATION:  Escazu - but he’ll come on his motorcycle to you all over (though if you're further out, there will probably be some sort of nominal fee for the extra time/gas).  


MARVIN Villa Lobos
(8-388-8604)
COMMENTS:  He did a GREAT job taking care of quite a few things and at a decent price (Vicki/me). 
ENGLISH:  Marvin speaks some English (I did ok with him with my VicLish [a funny/totally non-perfect version of Spanglish]).  
LOCATION:  Guadalupe but he comes to you all over.  



BELOW ARE OTHER TECHNICIANS OR APPLIANCE REPAIR STORES THAT OTHERS HAVE SHARED BUT I DON’T HAVE DIRECT INFO WITH
(I don’t believe they speak much English and since my Spanish is QUITE limited - I’m going to rely on you to contact them and share back perhaps?!?!!?)


LARGE & SMALLER ELECTRONIC THINGS FIXED either at their location or large things like fridges or big screen tvs they will come to you
SERVICIOS ELECTRONICOS DIAZ!! 

with 5 locations (their Santa Ana store is THE BEST & Grecia is 2nd best.  The rest send out to these 2 locations for the work)
LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2011/12/servicios-electronicos-diaz.html


 
There's a place in San Jose that does more challenging repairs & I believe has parts also though I don't have the name - just a phone number - no English-speaking person.  2-257-1613.


Jose Quesada
(2-252-2411-h  -  8-878-2412)
Who Melvin recommends when he's too busy.
LIVES:  Alajuelita


Eduardo Barquero Alvarez - Tecnico de Electronica y Linea Blanca  
(ServiciosElectronicoSB@gmail.com)
ENGLISH:  Not sure
LOCATION:  San Jose (but he comes to you)


Marco 
(8-866-3129)
Ron said he’s a GE Service Technician and might be able to provide a source or repair your washer. 


Yire
(2-228-6878)
COMMENTS:  I think you have to go to him - not poz but I’ve had a few people share positive things about him
LOCATION:  Escazu (Centro) - 800 mts South/East of the Costa Rica Country Club 


El Tallercito
(2-223-0330)
COMMENTS:  For a moderate fee they will pick up and deliver within the Central Valley. 
LOCATION:  San Francisco de Guadalupe - Frente "Canal 4" (basically the road than connects La República to the rotonda Guadalupe) 


LOCATION:  San Jose - On the corner - 100 mts. North of the entrance to Hospital de los Ninos (sounds like you have to go to them)


LOCATION:  San Jose - 200 mts East and 50 mts South of the National Theatre - behind the Caja de Costarisencias Securidad Social (sounds like you have to go to them)



NOTE:  It’s REAL IMPORTANT to get prices (or at least estimates) UP FRONT - ideally IN WRITING (I find an email is best & safest) especially for something like getting a dishwasher hooked up!!!  Sometimes something like that may cost more than it’s worth in the long run.


HINT:  Did you know that your clothes dryer should be cleaned out every so often???  WOW!! I’ve had mine for over 4 years and it was used.  I was shocked at the build up.  WOW how much better it works now!!!


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


OTHER APPLIANCE RELATED POSTS:

Tips to Extend the Lifespan of your Appliances in Costa Rica  

 NEED AN APPLIANCE REPAIR PERSON?
My #1 guy is:
MELVIN VALVERDE
LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2012/02/appliance-repair-melvin-valverde.html


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


WHERE TO GET LARGE & SMALLER ELECTRONIC THINGS FIXED
HANDS DOWN
SERVICIOS ELECTRONICOS DIAZ!!
LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2011/12/servicios-electronicos-diaz.html


PLEASE "SHARE" this link with EVERYONE you know that can use this info


LivingLifeInCostaRica.info/2010/08/repairs-appliances.html

and make sure to tell them you heard about them from 
Vicki Skinner (aka the Sarong Goddess) 
and report back to me at LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
with your experience/comments so I can add them to their description!

Do you find this blog helpful??  PLEASE help keep it alive by making a DONATION TODAY
ANY amount is WELCOME!!

Go to the top Right corner of the blog for details!  
THANX!!
.
570  10/15/15

No comments: