ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

General Canas Highway 1 (from when there was a Sinkhole)

As of September 15, 2015 ALL is ok on the General Canas Highway 1


≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

(I'm keeping up some of what went down back in 2012 with the damage•sinkhold on the General Canas Highway 1 so you have an idea because unfortunately, chances are good something will happen again)


August 8, 2012  -  Now they're saying 2 more months before it's COMPLETELY finished (October-ish)

July 3, 2012 (5am) -  2 TEMPORARY 30 meter (about 98 feet) long "Bailey Bridges" were placed across the WEST-Bound/North side of the General Canas Highway 1 to cover the big hole - thus allowing this section of the highway to RE-OPEN.  
     In the meantime, they're working 24/7 UNDERneath on the REAL problem.  (who wants to put bets on how long this will take????  [I'm "feeling" - 8 months!!]).  These bridges are meant to support up to 40 tons (personally I wouldn't want to go over behind a big truck or - but hey - that's just me).



What's a Bailey Bridge?


 WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED???
First off - this IS Costa Rica SO . . . . . - with that said - INITIALLY they said it could take anywhere 10 days to 3 weeks to fix the broken pipe . . . (ok, I've been living in Costa Rica for 7 years and I ask ya'll, WHEN have you seen ANYTHING get fixed in a week here - ESPECIALLY this highway?!?!??!?).  TODAY is August 8 - 6 weeks/1-1/2 weeks later - at least they have 2 Bailey Bridges up (as of July 3) so traffic is going pretty well.  TIME will tell when it comes to fixing the BIG picture!




WHERE DOES IT START?
On the West-bound/North side lanes coming FROM San Jose - it's just after the Juan Pablo II Bridge in La Uruca (JUST East of Plaza Los Arcos [see my pictures above]).



LATEST ROAD CONDITION NEWS

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


(now there are 4 new Bailey Bridges)


I took these 2 pictures below of the
2 NEW BAILEY BRIDGES above the Sinkhole 
on the General Cañas Highway 1
on my way to the
American Colony's U.S. 4th of July Independence Day Celebration
http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2012/05/us-july-4th-celebration-in-costa-rica.html


(photos by Vicki Skinner)(feel free to re-use them - just them them credit to
Vicki Skinner and/or http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com






(Photos by MOPT)


FOR MEGA DETAILS ON WHAT ALL
INITIALLY HAPPENED go to:

http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2012/06/SanJoseHighwaySinkholeWhatHappened.html
 (Day 1)
(MOPT pictures.  Hmmmm)


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION with EVERYONE you know - ESPECIALLY on Facebook!!  
 .
.



No comments: