ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Living Life in Costa Rica blog hits 200,000 VIEWS!!

*******WOW!!***** 

TODAY - July 5, 2012
my VERY DETAILED Costa Rica mainly English language
Information Blog  hit 200,000+ views -
since I started it just 4-1/2 years ago on November 2, 2007 (though most has been in the past 6 months)!! 

This week each day it's been hitting OVER 18,000 views in a 30 day period!! 

Once I post something OFTEN within 10 minutes or so, it's coming up between 1-10 in google searches!!   (JEEZE!  I just googled - where the hell is matt costa rica - something I JUST posted 13 minutes ago - and it's ALREADY #8!!!!)

At the 4th of July picnic, when I was going around Registering people to Vote and usually just introduced myself as "Vicki" - I had at least 40-50 people say "YOU'RE the Sarong Goddess!!!  I've been following your blog for years!   It comes up first usually!" 

Funny - I started the blog as a reaction to moderators on a message board censoring me and I had NO clue anyone was reading it and October 26, 2011 I put a counter up and was SHOCKED and ECSTATIC to find out I was getting 6,000 views in a month - 8 months later - 18,000!!!!

My MANY HOURS and hard work is "paying" off!!   Now to get it to literally "pay off" for me by bringing ME some $$ since all these years it has been a "out of the love in my heart"/make no $$ labor of love (till just recently when a few angels have stepped in - be it with $5, $20, $50, $400 or even my BIGGEST Angel - Tom who gifted me with a BRAND NEW MacBook Pro - he said because my information has been SOOOOO helpful to him with his pending move to Costa Rica!!  I love you guy!!!  EACH of you I LOVE & APPRECIATE!!) - not just bringing others ease and/or business to others!!

Has my blog brought you ease or business - I sure could use your "appreciation" now!!  You can make "DONATIONS" on the site (top right corner) via Paypal to -  LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com   or send it via a deposit or transfer to Bank of America, MasterCard DEBIT (not Visa or not credit card since it's a Cash Advance that we'd do) or Banco Nacional in Costa Rica (e- me for those details)!

I'm also now accepting "INFORMATION ADS" and doing a special now - price - by "Donation" (what do you think it's worth or do you have - e- me for more info).  Please pass this information on to anyone you know that could use some more exposure!!  This blog is ESPECIALLY GREAT for someone that has no website and/or it's hard for people to find you!!

Please also FORWARD any EVENT INFORMATION which in most cases I'll post for FREE (a "Donation" is always welcome and that they are for events over $50 [though I often RECEIVE if you'd like to GIFT me back by inviting me!!]).  Just PLEASE remember - I'm a DETAILS kinda gal so the MORE you give me - the happier a camper I am!!

PLEASE - go check out my blog and maybe YOU'LL be the 200,000 person (wish I'd noticed that before so I could have created some prize or something!!)

And also, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE (I'm looking for a new button for that) as that will REALLY HELP ME!!

THANX for all your support!!

HUGS!!

Vicki Skinner
(aka - THE Sarong Goddess)



PLEASE "SHARE" this with EVERYONE you know that can use this information or that cares about me!!
.

No comments: