ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Friday, November 16, 2012

BLACK FRIDAY • NEGRO VIERNES - hits Costa Rica


Well, more American Consumerism has invaded Costa Rica!  This time

BLACK FRIDAY!!!!

WHAT IS "BLACK FRIDAY"?
If you're asking this question, OBVIOUSLY you're not American as this is only one of THE BIGGEST days of the YEAR for AWESOME DISCOUNTS (often 30-70% OFF!!!!!!) off all things Consumer Related!!  It's where stores give MEGA DISCOUNTS!!!  The 2 BIGGEST SALE DATES of the year I remember from the U.S. were Black Friday (to stimulate the Christmas•Holiday sales - ESPECIALLY in more financially challenging times) and the Day After Christmas (THIS was MY FAVORITE day of the YEAR!!  I was the envy of many of my friends as I didn't get many gifts under the Christmas Tree as my mom would take me and a friend to the Day After Christmas Sales and I'd get 10 times more than anyone else got!!  There I'd get $100 coats [this was in the 70's] for $20 and such!!  For many years I was one of the best dressed/trendiest girls in school because of this!!  We mainly shopped at Bullocks - the "expensive" store!!!!]) - though we will most likely NOT be seeing the December 26 - Day After Christmas Sales in Costa Rica as a BIG % of the population goes to the beach and the Central Valley becomes this WONDERFUL Ghost Town where MOST businesses are CLOSED (not counting big ones).

WHEN DOES THIS BLESSED DAY HAPPEN?
"BLACK FRIDAY" happens on FRIDAY - the DAY AFTER U.S. Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving happens on the 4th Thursday in November)! 


I got too busy and my buddy (and BEST Escazu realtor) -
MR ESCAZU - Danial Langlois with Zucaes Realty  -  Zucaes.com
and author of the MEGA Informative EscazuNews.blogspot.com

Started a list of BLACK FRIDAY ads so check his out at
EscazuNews.blogspot.com/2012/11/black-friday-in-costa-rica.html?spref=fb

I PROMISE NEXT year I'll work on a list of who all is doing it along with their DETAILS (hours [some have special/limited/extended hours], directions and their discount) so if you see any such thing, PLEASE email me at LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

The info I'd like (I don't have time to follow up on them so if someone that speaks GOOD Spanish [and English for me of course] - PLEASE contact me at 2-288-0896) - please get the name of the store, contact info (website, Facebook page, phone number, city, directions, hours of Black Friday Sale and % of discount and what all is included in that discount [sometimes the items are limited while sometimes they're off the WHOLE store!!])


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


NOTE:
NOW they're starting all sorts of other things like

SMALL BUSINESS Saturday
(support your local Mom and Pop/Cottage Business [NO shopping at the big boys!! - ACTUALLY - we should consider doing that EVERY DAY!!!])

CYBER Monday
(Special Sales via the Internet - 


GIVING Tuesday
(do nice things for others [I LOVE THIS])

How about 
GIVING THINGS AWAY Wednesday!!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@


VIC'S PICK!!!!
TIPS
THE BEST store in Costa Rica for KITCHEN and BAKING things - but EXPENSIVE•$$$ - so THIS is THE DAY for all things Kitchen•Domestic Goddess-y!!!

Friday - November 23  -  8:30am-10pm  •  Viernes  -  23 Noviembre - 8:30am-10pm
30
% off 
•  30% descuento

ALL merchandise in their storesToda la mercancía en sus tiendas

(they now have a few stores around Costa Rica)
(http://TipsCR.com / 2-543-2100  •  ventas@TipsCR.com)


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2012/11/black-friday-costa-rica.html



No comments: