ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Saturday, August 16, 2014

What are your FAVORITE CHEAP LIVING Tips for Escazu??

(YES - THIS IS Escazu - up in the mountains of San Antonio de Escazu to be exact!! 
See - Escazu is NOT just a Concrete Gringo-ized Jungle!!)


What are YOUR - CHEAP LIVING TIPS - for Escazu??

People are constantly complaining about how expensive it is to live in (or even come to eat) Escazu but I've lived here for the most part of 8 years & I tell you, based on MY experience it does NOT have to be expensive - IF you know what you're doing & where to go!!

I'm working on an article for my blog - http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com - highlighting some of those things - like MY FAV cheap places to eat:
•   Esquina Argentina  -  Casado's (around 3,300 WITH a drink & REALLY tasty salad & most of the meat is cooked on the b'bque!)  -  http://Saronggoddess.com/Food/RestaurantEsquinaArgentina 
•   Mi Cafe Arena  -  I feel they’re a more Gourmet “Soda” with some VERY TASTY & a bit healthier dishes (they’re next to Arena Trek)!!  Casado’s range from 3,500-4,000-c (on average) for a medium size & 4,000-4,400-c for a large (both with fresco natural) - https://facebook.com/pages/Mi-Cafe-Arena/134760853244248
•   La Casona del Laly  -  their Fish Casado (I love my grilled with LOTS & LOTS of garlic•ajo!!) - http://SarongGoddess.com/Food/Rest-CasonaDeLaly
•  Muro Ji’s All-You-Can-Eat-SUSHI Tuesdays from 5-9pm for 15,000/$28 all taxes included!!!  http://Facebook.com/MuroJi

•  Many grocery stores•markets have SALES on Wednesdays.

•  AgroEscazu - where I just saved the gal where I'm Pet Sitting 20,000-c & got 2 different bags of expensive dog food for less than 1 bag at PetsMarket!!

Anyone know of any other restaurant discounts to share here? 
Ejecutivo Lunch specials?  Breakfast Deals?  Happy Hours?  Special food nights?  (even if it’s not cheap cheap - if there’s a discount this is good!!)

Cheap stores?  (I got one of those little kits of multi-colored eye shadows for 1,000-c at that Chinese store at the North/West corner across from the park in Central.  In AutoMercado they wanted 5,000-c++ for something similar)

Cheap or Discounts on any services?   Dentists?  Doctors?  Hair stylists?  Places for Pedicures? 

On-Going Sales??

FREE things to do & see?

Cheap Places to live??

Ways to live in Escazu without wasting lots of $$$!!


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


You can either share in "Comments" below - or email them to me (even better with DETAILS DETAILS & a picture!!)
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2014/08/YourFavGoodDealsInEscazu.html
>

No comments: