ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Sunday, November 24, 2013

HOW does one FIND THINGS in Costa Rica (new and/or used)

As we know, looking for things in Costa Rica is NOT easy - ESPECIALLY many of the gringo convenience many of us are used to!!  MANY businesses STILL don't have a website let alone Facebook and many don't speak English so if that's an issue with you, it makes it harder to find things in Costa Rica!

What I'D do if it were ME seeking something (especially if you're open to things being used [remember - not every thing that's used is "worn"!!]) is:

I'd post the question (example - "I'm seeking an ELECTRIC BLANKET in Grecia" [make your life easier and that of people responding by saying where YOU are located and how far you are willing to go for it!!) under:

•  "General" on Craig's List - http://costarica.en.craigslist.org/foa (under things for sale by OWNER as the other way you may get buried).

•  as well as post it in the message board/forum -
(they have over 6,000 members around the country!!  If you haven't signed up with them before and want to, read how to do it at
because if you don't check the right box, you start getting inundated with EVERY single post which is a pain and initially it's a bit complicated)

•  If you have it, I'd post it on your Facebook as well as any ExPat groups on Facebook & wherever else.

In other words - manifest it yourself instead of waiting around to see who may be selling whatever.  I've gotten some pretty incredible deals/things by ME posting what I was seeking!  Including a $2,000 GORGEOUS, HUGE, nearly 1" thick glass table with 6 tall back padded chairs in GREAT condition for $140 (the first time I did this I paid for an ad in a newspaper & early the morning it came out this gal called me with a table she'd had sitting in her garage for years but she didn't want to bother with all sorts of strangers calling her let alone coming to her home)!!


BUT

If you are willing to make a Donation to my blog (of whatever size you feel it's worth to you - especially if it results in you finding one) - I'll be happy to ask on my blog if anyone has a used one or knows where to find whatever - PLUS post it on my Facebook (Note my blog gets over 20,000 Page Views a month)!!!

Just write up a little blurb with DETAILS on what you're seeking - like what size, any other important things you want with it (like for an electric blanket - ideally double controls, new condition or whatever's important to you).  Also include where you live and/or how far you're willing to go for it (I don't want to waste anyone's time).  (note I'll post it as you give it to me - not fixing it up/making it pretty - unless you give me and extra NICE size Donation).

PLUS

I'll take it a BIG STEP further and share with you a few other ideas•places on where you might look•post that's more specific to your area or what you're seeking (like newsletters, other forums•message boards, e-newsletters, other pages on Facebook, people•contacts)!!


If you make the donation up front, I'll post your direct contact info on the blurb - otherwise I'll put my info and Connect you (unfortunately not everyone honors my putting the time/contacts/effort out which don't pay my bills since it's my only $$$ coming in these days - little as it is!!  Ahhh - karma's a bitch).

There are NO GUARANTEES someone will respond - but you have nothing to lose as I'll be sharing some more information that WILL help you in the future when seeking things to find in Costa Rica!!



If you're interested in my offer, email me (remember - whatever format you give is how it will be posted) at
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
and I'll get it up. 


Note this is also my PayPal address for any Donations you'd like to make (not on Paypal but do have a zip code that's connected with your credit/debit card [unlike cards in Costa Rica] - you can tell me how much you want to donate and what email address to send it to and I'll send you an invoice to pay it from!



No comments: