ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sign Up for DropBox & get 750+mb Space for FREE when you sign up with THIS LINK


Have you ever had a computer crash and lost all your documents?  
Or put something on a thumb drive and lost that (especially seems to happen when traveling or with pictures for me in the past).  

I remember the day a couple years ago when my Apple died.  Considering I'm on the computer 15-20 hours a day and my LIFE is on it (and I hadn't backed everything up in AGES) - I LITERALLY spun into a panic as I had NO $$$ to get it repaired - let alone buy a new computer.

And lately, having sold my 24" iMac and gone to laptops (since I'm traveling around House/Pet and Hotel Sitting), and having broken a few laptops (I'm on my 4th laptop in 11 months!! Can we say an expensive HELL!!) and/or with the threat of loosing things if something happens to my laptop (Cancel Clear) - I signed up with DROPBOX and I feel SOOOO MUCH SAFER as whatever you transfer into Dropbox is safely stored in cyberspace and easy to get to and you can share them with others (I haven't gone there yet).

Also, you don't have to worry with big documents being to big to email (hence not going through).

AND, you and designated people can have access to documents and you can BOTH make live time changes on docs even if you're across the world from each other.

You don't worry about loosing things again and in this day and age of so much theft in Costa Rica - this is an extra piece of mind and security.

 I literally have my WHOLE hard drive on DropBox!!!!

The COOLEST part is I can go onto ANY computer ANYWHERE in the world and just log in and THERE is my info - nice and securely stored in cyberspace!!!

SIGN UP IS FREE 
PLUS you get 250mb's just for signing up!!!

PLUS you can earn a BUNCH of bonus space by doing extra things like sharing it on Facebook or Twitter, referring friends [1gb for each referral!!) - and my FAV is EVERY time you upload pictures from your camera or cell phone it automatically uploads them for you AND you get BONUS SPACE!!.

PLUS - if you use THIS LINK and say I (Vicki Skinner) referred you, you get an ADDITIONAL +500mb BONUS
Even if you don't use it to download everything - if there are certain things you'd like someone to be able to access from you - especially larger/harder to upload documents - or certain things you'd like to have while you're out and about traveling or are at work - this is GREAT!!


NEED MORE SPACE?
The next level upgrade is just +$10/month - to me - that's +$10 for peace of mind!!  I WAS paying for that for the past few months but now with all my bonuses [mainly the automatic picture uploads] - I've been able to drop the paying one.

ARE YOU A CORPORATION?
They also have a plan for corporations!!  WISE!!!!


 SIGN UP CODE
(my account is under SarongGoddess@gmail.com if you do it later)

PLEASE JOIN today
(even if you don't use it to download everything - if there are certain things you'd like someone to be able to access from you - especially bigger documents - or certain things you'd like to have while you're out and about traveling or are at work - this is GREAT - if you sign up I still get the bonus which I REALLY appreciate and can use!!) 

PLEASE "SHARE" this link with EVERYONE you know that could use that extra safety and doesn't want to loose their things on their computer!!
http://LivingLifeInCostaRica.blogspot.com/2012/06/sign-up-for-dropbox-get-750mb-space-for.html
.
.

No comments: