ABOUT THE LIVING LIFE IN COSTA RICA BLOG

I (Vicki Skinner - aka "THE Sarong Goddess") created this blog in 2007 to share DETAILED Finds•Lists•Info•Events•Experiences to help bring more EASE to people living in, visiting or thinking of moving to Costa Rica since DETAILS are NOT easy to find!
I’m NOT an expert (an "expert" 2 ME knows 101%-NOT me). I believe in sharin info•helping where I can! And with over 2,200 entries, so some things might be out of date, so if you find old info PLEASE help each other by getting the updated info & sharing it with me to revise. At least you have some basic info to get you started.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP:
Better yet - do you have extra time on your hands & looking for a volunteer project? Since this blog is a labor of love & RARELY does anyone share a donation (even though MANY have said how much it's helped them), I could REALLY use help updating info. Spanish speakers ESPECIALLY welcome since my VicLish can be somewhat limited at times!!

DONATE:
Has my blog helped in any way? Helped find something•brought more EASE? More exposure or business?
I welcome you to show YOUR appreciation for my efforts!
ANY size DONATION is APPRECIATED!
(see below other ways to show your appreciation)
The easiest way is with PAYPAL - Attn: LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com
(you do NOT need to have a PayPal account to do this - just a credit or debit card)
ADD INFORMATION:
Do YOU have/know of a Business•Event•News•Place•Things 4 Sale•Rent to add? Email:
LivingLifeInCostaRica@gmail.com

OTHER WAYS TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THIS BLOG

• APPLE LAPTOP - Do you have a Laptop you're not using? Mine recently broke so I'm using a lender. Must be new enough to run current Skypes & have an SDCard slot.
• Amazon.com or GoDaddy.com Credit•Gift Certificate (attn: SarongGoddess@gmail.com)
• Something else to share?? A gift certificate or invite for your business? I'm open!! (at times I'll add other things here that I'm seeking)

Monday, June 25, 2012

WARNING to People on FACEBOOK!! FB's changed your email address!


READ!! READ!!  READ!!!!

 HUGE WARNING FACEBOOK PEEPS!!

(NOTE:  This is a REVISED more detailed accurate DESCRIPTION from what I've seen posted as it's what worked on MY page and others I shared it with)

Facebook Changed EVERYONE’s Email in your profile to   _______@Facebook.com
Luckily, it's EASY to get your old email address back on your profile.  Here are the DETAILED steps:


Go into your Timeline/Profile Page (where your big picture and little one, the things YOU post, Activity, Friends+ are). 

Click "About" (it's on the left - under your small picture and a few pieces of info about you)

Scroll down to "Contact Info" and click "Edit".

Go to "Emails" and with EACH of your email addresses - on the Right column - where the circle is - click there and it will either say  "Hidden From Timeline" or "Shown On Timeline".  Do what you wish for each email address (personally I "Hid" the Facebook email and "Shown" all my others.

You might want to go through everything else in this area to see if you want to make "Public", "Friends Except Acquaintances" etc. everything there like who (if anyone) do you want to see your phone #, address, Skype, etc.

When you're all done remember to Click the "SAVE" button at the bottom of the Edit pop up or it won't take!!


ACTUALLY - you might want to just browse around a bit to see what other setting might be important to you like who you want/don't want to see your pictures or your posts, etc. (especially important for those with Privacy issues or who are hiding from someone).

YIKES!!!  I JUST noticed "somehow" my Costa Rica phone number was changed to only being visible to "Friends" which I did NOT do.  So I JUST tried to correct it and it's not allowing me to change it to "Public" or ANYTHING else (though it showed my U.S. phone number as "Public" [till I did the next thing]).  So I took ALL my phone numbers out and changed the order (since my Costa Rican phone number is most important) and now BOTH numbers are only seen by "Friends".  PLUS it's asking me to "Verify" my CR cell and I put the password in and nothing happens!!  I'm an open book and don't want to hide out!!  YIKES!!!  Anyone have ideas??


DON'T HAVE TIMELINE??  
I don't know the process for those that don't have Timeline yet - but I'd imagine you go into "Info" and the rest should be similar (if it's not, please someone share with me so I can share with others!!)


(NOW I get why I was looking for a few people's email addresses this weekend and they had that FB address - WTH?!?!?!?)


 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


PLEASE "SHARE" this with EVERYONE you know that could use this info - ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY ON FACEBOOK:

.

No comments: